Modest Wear for Every Occasion

Welcome to The Yellow Rose blog! I am pleased to offer gorgeous gowns at a reasonable price. My gowns are well-made and follow current trends. I am committed to helping women find the perfect dress for any occasion: Wedding, Bridesmaid, Prom, Homecoming, Cruise or any other occasion that calls for you to look absolutely beautiful. And best of all, all of my dresses are modest - they have sleeves and they don't show off everything you have to offer. If you want a modest gown that you don't need to make alterations to, then visit The Yellow Rose for all your modest dress needs. I am eager to help!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Celebrating Modesty

"You would not believe the celebration that took place when we saw there was a store in Georgia that had modest dresses."

That is what a mom said to me recently after she and her daughter came to The Yellow Rose and bought a modest bridal gown. I have received very similar comments from numerous other customers. They are all happy and delighted that there is a store where young women can buy a modest formal or bridal gown. I always get the following question:

"Do you know how hard it is to find a modest gown?"

My answer is always the same:

"Yes, I know how difficult it is! This is why I opened The Yellow Rose."

I am so pleased that there are so many young women who want to dress modestly. It is my hope that women everywhere, not simply the young ones, will find modesty important.

Along those lines, I was thrilled when I learned of the new Mrs. Texas International, Bonnie Hubert. Mrs. Hubert was the only contestant to wear a gown with sleeves. Modesty was a priority to her and she was not willing to compromise her standards for a beauty pageant. She was quoted as saying, "I feel like it turned out great because I could feel beautiful and comfortable in what I selected. You have to put in a little effort, but it is worth it because then your beauty can shine through."

I'm happy there are women like Bonnie Hubert out there who are a wonderful example of womanhood and modesty.

1 comment:

Paula said...

very cool and what a classy lady.